Sunday, September 13, 2009

Food for thought


Yahui hope you don't mind that I post these up!

There were a few videos on her facebook profile and I especially liked these. All credits to her for finding such wonderful and touching videos then!




Going Home (a short film on dementia)

prize-winning video produced by Vinn Bay and Tee Boon Leng for a video competition as part of the ADI (Alzheimer's Disease International) conference in March 2009.


I felt scared for the grandmother when she was frantically asking any stranger to "please bring me home, just bring me home!" ... but she doesn't know where her house is. Imagine doing that from morning till night, thinking only about your hungry granddaughter who's got no food cause you're not home yet.

Think I started tearing when the night fell in the video. I shall not spoil the video, the ending was really good.

Its so touching how grandparents care so much for their grandchildren, yet saddening how we don't love them as much as they love us. I wonder what they must be thinking when they keep going "please don't be angry with me" whenever they make a mistake. Maybe they're afraid of losing more people in their lives? I don't know.

Whenever my parents or brother leave the house, I'll make it a point to resolve all conflicts. You never know what would happen. I don't want to regret before its too late. And I guess its never too late to express your appreciation towards your loved one!




Sam and Esther (african children)

Watching this video makes me feel so childish, irresponsible and selfish. The sight of a hungry 8 year old washing her brothers up (who can't walk due to malnutrition), carrying water from miles away and feeding them before herself was simply too touching.

Sometimes I don't know what I'm complaining about, why I am wasting my time away like that when I know I have a future ahead of me, unlike these children who are living probably just for the sake of living, not knowing when their time would come.




Ryan Gonzalez's struggle to survive

Whenever I watch these videos, the only thing on my mind would be:

why try so hard so survive when you're suffering so much? Personally, I don't see the point in putting up with all sorts of medication, surgeries, stares from people and the FRUSTRATION in not being able to live normally. If i were a mom, I wouldn't bear to see my child suffer like that. But then again, that's just me and it probably says something about me not having enough will power and determination but.. yeah.

Even though that's my strongest feeling about this, its really amazing how he was able to survive 19 years through this. It makes you feel so... ... weak?




SIGNS (short film). on love! :D

One of the 2009 Cannes Lions winners. I wonder how thrilling it must feel to be able to meet the person you've been communicating with through signs. (which is just so sweet) I'm sure the first moment would be like, wow so how do we start now? We are finally in front of each other but... how should it go on from here..?

Idk but its just so heartwarming!






Anyway, that's all I have.

Enjoy the videos!


No comments: